On Tue, Aug 22, 2023 at 9:00 AM Thomas Schweikle wrote:

It is the address of one of the distribution servers. Since this is not
> "one server", but a cluster of servers, your "suspicious" server shows
> only one thing: those "suspicious" flags are suspicious by themselves:
>
> this particular server ist down since some time and only reports back a
> broken html page telling "<h2>Our services aren't available right
> now</h2><p>We're working to restore all services as soon as possible.
> Please check back
> soon.</p>06cvkZAAAAAA8FvmXFYIOTZ2TS15AJl0/RFVTMzBFREdFMDkxNwBFZGdl"
>
> If this is enough to get flagged as "suspicious" ...

Unfortunately yes, nowadays.

I have run into this same problem also because I wrote an installer for an
open source tool. Said tool makes outgoing TCP connections to servers
configured as relays. One of the IP addresses used by one of these relays
was (or is) shared with a "dangerous" service. As a result I had to disable
the relay feature in the installer as a default to (hopefully) reduce the
number false positives.

Bill