On Fri, 25 Aug 2023 at 14:26, Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin
<cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

> On Aug 25 14:18, Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin wrote:
> > On Aug 23 01:05, Roland Mainz via Cygwin wrote:
> > > 2. Check whether the filesystem for the fifos path is NFS
> > > (cgywin.dll's |fs.fs_is_nfs()|), and then just refuse |mkfifo()| with
> >
> > I like the idea.
>
> EPERM, btw.  See https://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man2/mknod.2.html

I am vehemently opposed to that idea. That will IMHO not only be the
wrong solution, it will break actual things like autoconf&friends on
NFS - they create fifos for testing, but do not use them. If you just
make this return EPERM, then you break stuff we have to rely on.

mkfifo should just work with Cygwin on NFS.

Ced
--
Cedric Blancher <cedric.blanc...@gmail.com>
[https://plus.google.com/u/0/+CedricBlancher/]