On Aug 25 22:50, Mark Geisert via Cygwin wrote:
> Hi Corinna,
>
> Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin wrote:

> [...compilation log excerpt elided here...]
> >
> > Usually it's easily fixable. There's typically no loop because
> > of the guards, e.g.
> >
> >    #ifndef _SYS_CPUSET_H_
> >    #define _SYS_CPUSET_H_
> >
> > but some guarding can have side effects.
> >
> > However, somebody needs to come up *at least* with a simple reproducer.
>
> It can be reproduced by running 'cygport coreutils.cygport build' in a
> prep'd coreutils source directory e.g. /usr/src/coreutils-9.0-1.src .
> Excerpt follows:

This is not what I meant.  A simple reproducer is ideally a piece of
C code which shows ;the problem with a minimum of code.  In this case,
a pice of C code with the #includes required to reproduce the compiler
failing is what I'm looking for.

> I guess it's the include search order that has ./lib/stdlib.h being included
> from sys/cpuset.h rather than the "<stdlib.h>" coded there.

That should break including any other header file, too, which includes
<stdlib.h>.  Why does it only break sys/cpuset.h?

> I'm not familiar with building coreutils.  But it seems something about the
> new #includes added to sys/cpuset.h have upset coreutils' build magic.  My
> offer to replace the two problematic #includes with two explicit extern
> statements still stands ;-).

Sorry, but this is not the right thing to do to fix such an issue.

Corinna