On Aug 26 14:15, Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] via Cygwin wrote:
> > This thread is not about send() blocking or returning EAGAIN.  This
> > is about the behaviour of select(2) and poll(2).
>
> I was merely commenting on your note that if select() returned a socket as
> writable, and send() writes more than internally allowed, then send() would
> block.
> It wouldn't!  It'd just write the allowable count, and return as a short
> write,
> whether the socket was blocking or not.

But that's not the situation here.  It's not helpful to get this kind of
comment without it actually referring to the context in question.  We're
coming from a select call which is implemented via Winsock-specific
network events.  Everything else is a followup and a result of this.

> select() and poll() whether I/O would block.  By the virtue of this,
> a socket, which is in error (except for EAGAIN), is writable exactly
> because write()/send() to such a socket would return -1 right away.

And that's not the case her either.

Corinna

  • Re: scp stalls on uploadin... Takashi Yano via Cygwin
    • Re: scp stalls on upl... Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin
      • Re: scp stalls on... Takashi Yano via Cygwin
        • Re: scp stall... Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin
          • RE: [EXTE... Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] via Cygwin
            • Re: ... Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin
              • ... Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin
              • ... Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] via Cygwin
              • ... Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin
              • ... Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] via Cygwin
              • ... Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin
          • Re: scp s... Takashi Yano via Cygwin
            • RE: ... Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] via Cygwin
              • ... Takashi Yano via Cygwin