On 29.11.2023 02:12, Stephen P Carrier via Cygwin wrote:
I have found another issue with Cygwin R.

This is for a brand new R installation (4.3.0) on up-to-date Cygwin.  I am
warned when starting R that "stats" package was not found.  Though it was
just a warning I do need the stats package for some things.

Minimal test case:  I invoke "R" with no arguments and get:

-----
R version 4.3.0 (2023-04-21) -- "Already Tomorrow"
Copyright (C) 2023 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Platform: x86_64-pc-cygwin (64-bit)

Type 'q()' to quit R.

During startup - Warning message:
package ‘stats’ in options("defaultPackages") was not found
library("stats")
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘stats’ in dyn.load(file,
DLLpath = DLLpath, ...):
  unable to load shared object '/usr/lib/R/library/stats/libs/stats.dll':
   No such file or directory
-----

However, the file /usr/lib/R/library/stats/libs/stats.dll is very much a
file that exists and is readable by the user running R.  I've looked over
file and folder permissions and don't see an issue.  Other packages in
options('defaultPackages') load without difficulty.

Could the maintainer have a look?  Thanks.

--Stephen Carrier

Can you share as attachment the cygcheck.out ?

https://www.cygwin.com/problems.html

Run
   "cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out"
and include that file as an attachment in your report. Please do not compress or otherwise encode the output. Just attach it as a straight text file so that it can be easily viewed.