On 1/26/2024 11:26 PM, ASSI via Cygwin wrote:
Mark Geisert via Cygwin writes:
A new build of the util-linux package, 2.33.1-3, now includes
fallocate and its man page.  The updated package is now making its way
to the Cygwin mirrors.  fallocate requires Cygwin version >= 3.5.0.

It also doesn't work at all on Cygwin 3.4.x and 3.5 isn't yet released,
so please add a dependency for cygwin(>= 3.5) to the hints file.

Done. I guess you answered my unasked question of how to limit one executable of a package to specific Cygwin version(s): you don't. You limit the whole package instead?
Thanks & Regards,

..mark