Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> * Dave Korn (Wed, 30 May 2007 11:18:12 +0100)
>> On 30 May 2007 11:08, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
>>> * Jean-Pierre Bogler (Wed, 30 May 2007 07:16:42 +0200)

>>> I mean sorry, why don't you have a look at it yourself?! It's not
>>> Sanskrit and it's pretty self-explaining. "running: c:\Dokumente und
>>> Einstellungen\Wohnzimmer\Desktop\PDFMergeW\PDFMerge\bin\\bash.exe -
>>> c" - couldn't get much more explicit, could it?
>>
>>   Yes, but that's very far from an explanation of just how on earth the bin
>> directory got installed in such an unexpected place, particularly when all
>> the other directories ended up in the correct location.
>
> "A small tool to merge several PDF files into one PDF file (based on
> Ghostscript). It has the following the features: Add/Remove PDF files;
> Adjust the order of the PDF files; Merge the PDF file based on
> ps2pdf."
>
> I guess PDFMerge brings its own small cygwin/bash/ghostscript
> installation with it.
>

> --

yep

SAME with irssi and such - you gotta take them out totally before you
can do much else.

and yes its a bunch of 3pp who did this - i just remember to take
"c:\program files\irssi\bin\" or whatever out of my PATH.

also, cygwin1.dll apparently does something to the registry? where it
lives, it thinks that that is bin/

gah.

hope that helps :)
- --