On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 06:50:24AM -0700, Mike Rosing wrote:
> Not everyone agrees with Brands that these credentials work.
> There's a group called "PKILAB" that's trying to make
> access/credentials to work across large organizations, and they kind
> of dismiss it.

Is there anything specific PKILAB have said about Brands certs?

I'm not sure what their claim could be, from what I can see the Brands
credentials provide or can equally be used with all of the common PKI
models (RAs, CAs, OCSP, short-lived certs, revocation lists) plus a
bunch of other options (blind refresh, update, privacy, etc) which are
not possible with X.509 identity and attribute certificate PKIX stuff.

btw I did a google search for PKILAB and Brands to see if I could find
anything along the lines you mention and look what it said:

Mar 2001 "Welcome Stefan Brands to PKILabs Advisory Board"

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~lists/archive/pkilab/msg00179.html

Adam