On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 10:15:22AM -0800, Steve Schear wrote:
| At 12:43 PM 12/13/2002 -0500, you wrote:
| >Gilmore's legal response to secret laws, etc.
| >
| >http://cryptome.org/gilmore-v-usa-god.htm
|
| I have a possible trip coming up soon.  I intend to have my tickets
| purchased by a third party and fly under an assumed name (maybe Tyler
| Durden ;-)  I will carry no ID on my person. Perhaps there is now a need to
| have large numbers of refusnik travelers assume the same "nom de avion"
| identity.  Sort of like the Killroy in WW II.

Let us know how it goes.

Duncan would doubtless argue that there are already large numbers of
travellers using assumed names, including migrant mexican workers, US
government employees, terrorists, actors and actresses, etc.  The
immigration laws have done a good job of making it easy to get
quality secondary id.

The response of the apparatchiks is to increase the penalties until
we're all cowed, like they did in the old war on drugs.

Adam

PS: Current news in Canada includes the gun registry having undergone
a 12x cost overrun, and its not clear what will happen to it.  A large
reason for the overruns have been people making mistakes in filling
out the complex forms, and thus slowing down implementation.
http://cbc.ca/stories/2002/12/12/guns011212

I think its time for me to go get a gun permit, and help the proces
along.

                                                       -Hume