According to the message below, Palladium will not include a "serial
number revocation list", "document revocation list", or similar
mechanism to delete pirated music and other unauthorized content.
These claims have been made most vocally by Ross Anderson in his TCPA
FAQ, http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html, and by Lucky Green
in his DefCon presentation, http://www.cypherpunks.to/.

Instead, the point of Palladium is to create "a decentralized, trusted
computing base... whose integrity can be audited by anyone".  This is
accomplished, as has been discussed at length here and elsewhere,
by hardware which can compute a secure hash of software as it loads,
and which can attest to this hash via cryptographic signatures sent to
remote systems.  This functionality allows software to prove to third
parties that it is running unmolested, which is the basic functionality
provided by Palladium.

Unfortunately, the exaggerated and misleading claims in the links above
are accepted as truth by most readers, and a false picture of Palladium
is virtually universal on the net.  Isn't it time for security experts
to take a responsible position on this technology, and to speak out
against the spread of these falsehoods?