Jim Choate, in a display of bad judgement and ill temper never before
seen on the internet, spewed forth the following blood-libel:

> Nitwit, who are the daughters talking to, dial-tone? Not. They are
> solving two problems, entertainment and a problem (social
> connectivity).

The point was, the "content providers" aren't providing the
entertainment. The daughters are talking (and talking!) to their
friends with no help from the big companies other than providing the
connectivity. I believe that was Olyzko's point in the first place,
that people are more interested in being connected with other people
(regular people, not entertainers) than in simply receiving
entertainment or other content from canned sites.

I'm not sure I agree with Odlyzko's point about connectivity vs content.
But your prior statement, "Bullshit, if there isn't content why do they
want connectivity? What is it they are connecting to?", misses the
distinction between the two.

--
Steve Furlong    Computer Condottiere   Have GNU, Will Travel

You don't expect governments to obey the law because of some higher
moral development. You expect them to obey the law because they know
that if they don't, those who aren't shot will be hanged.
    --Michael Shirley