Mike Rosing wrote:

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, Michael Cardenas wrote:

I just have a hard time seeing the bridge between armed rebellion
against the largest military power the world has ever known, the U.S.,
and some new networking technologies that are being designed for cisco
to make more money. Even beautiful open source efforts like p2p and
linux that actually express the will of the people are starting to get
onto the radar of U.S. legislators, who see the danger it poses to the
traditional power structures. Unless all those free software programmers
are prepared for armed rebellion when their right to share code is taken
away, I'm not sure its all going to mean much.

It's an absolute last resort that nobody really wants to get into.
Nobody like the idea of getting shot at. So as long as they don't
have to, they won't.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
-Mahatma Gandhi

So how we gonna change the world dude?

I'm not advocating armed rebellion. I'm saying that the current political structures in power have massive political might and are willing to use it to stay in power, as we are witnessing more everyday, and anything that challenges that might will eventually have to face it.

--
michael cardenas | lead software engineer, lindows.com hyperpoem.net | GNU/Linux software developer
people.debian.org/~mbc | encrypted mail preferred