hi,

A few queries.

Does a paradox ever help in understanding any thing?
We define a paradox  on a base of rules we want to
prove.

Ok,let me pick an example.

We make a paradox over a statement.

This i found on the net

The following is an implication that the Oracle does
not exist.
1.Someone introduces Gödel to a UTM, a machine that is
supposed to be a Universal Truth Machine, capable of
correctly answering any question at all.
2.Gödel asks for the program and the circuit design of
the UTM. The program may be complicated, but it can
only be finitely long. Call the program P(UTM) for
Program of the Universal Truth Machine.
3: Gödel writes out the following sentence: "The
machine constructed on the basis of the program P(UTM)
will never say that this sentence is true." Call this
sentence G. G is equivalent to: "UTM will never say G
is true."
4:Now Gödel asks UTM whether G is true or not.
5:If UTM says G is true, then "UTM will never say G is
true" is false. If "UTM will never say G is true" is
false, then G is false (since G = "UTM will never say
G is true"). So if UTM says G is true, then G is in
fact false, and UTM has made a false statement. So UTM
will never say that G is true, since UTM makes only
true statements.
6:We have established that UTM will never say G is
true. So "UTM will never say G is true" is in fact a
true statement. So G is true (since G = "UTM will
never say G is true").
"I know a truth that UTM can never utter," Gödel says.
"I know that G is true. UTM is not truly universal."

Firstly if you see the following statements are
consistent for both positive and negative logic.
The question is it in a formal system,since we don't
have paradoexes in a formal system.Any formal system
is consistent, i.e. there is no proposition that can
be proved true by one sequence of steps and false by
another, equally valid argument.

Secondly,how do we define the oracle.If I say an
oracle is one who knows every thing about every thing.

You may not agree-you may come with your own
defenition of an oracle,some one else will come with a
different defenition of the oracle.

With my defenition of the oracle-the above set of
statements showing that the oracle does not exist is
true.If you define oracle in a different manner-the
statements shown above may not lead to the conclusion
that "Oracle does not exist".

Its how I define the oracle and how I put the
statements which give me the amswer I want.Anybody can
do that and come with a consistent system.

We have to see that if all over defenitions and
statements fall in a formal system,which we *donot*.We
know that the oracle problem is undecidable,yet the
above statements showed that the oracle doesnot
exist-"in the domain in which the oracle was defined
and statements over it."
Same is for all paradoxes-they are only consistant in
the small domain they are defined-other wise they are
undecidable in a formal system over a larger domain.So
paradoxes doesn't say any thing.when we assign a sense
to a paradox,it stops becoming a paradox but is only
true for its set of defenitions and statements.

Its also worth noting  paradoxes try to make their
point by the method of falsification rather than proof
by contradiction.

Regards Sarath.