At 12:38 PM 1/27/2003 +0100, you wrote:
How would you do it? Would you lift public key exchange from OpenSSL or
GPG? Or just package a snapshot of GPG with Speak Freely, and adapt the
call syntax?
I'd love to use SpeakFreely but one of its quirks is that it uses two different ports to initiate and respond to connections and communicate. Like many others I uses a firewall appliance. And like many firewall users we find features lacking for configuring our firewalls so that incoming traffic on one port can be associated with outgoing traffic from another. About two years ago I thought a programmer I knew was going to fix this, but it never happened. Hint: who ever takes up improving SpeakFreely, please add this to the change list.

steve