On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 08:23:15AM -0800, Major Variola (ret) wrote:
> >I am elated that the development of Speak Freely is continuing. I think
> it
>
> The versions of all the secure phones I've evaluated needed this
> feature:
> a minimal answering machine.  With just the ability to record IPs of
> hosts that
> tried to call.
>
> (A local table can map these to your friends or their faces.
> Of course, this table should be encrypted when not in use.)

   Pretty hard to do if people are using dialup. Or even dsl, unless they run a
linux box they don't ever reboot -- although I've found my dsl ip changing
sometimes on it's own, and with no rhyme or reason. Cable is a little more
stable, when I had a cable modem it didn't change ip unless I shut off the modem
for awhile, and not even always then.

(snip)

--
Harmon Seaver