On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Tyler Durden wrote:

> Yo! Anyone out there in codeville know if the following is possible?

Yes, but there are caveats.

> What I mean is,
> Let's say some disgruntled and generic crypto-kook (let's call him,
> say,...'Tyler Durden') has been signing his (tiring) cyber-missives with a
> public key.
>
> And now let's say there's some guy at a party claiming to be that very same
> Tyler Durden, but you're not so sure (this real-life Tyler Durden is WAY too
> much of an obvious chick-magnet to be the same guy that posts on the
> Internet). BUT, you happen to have your Palm Pilot(TM), and so does he. So
> you both both engage the little hand-shaking app on your PP (using Tyler
> Durden's public key) and there's verification. Yep. Same dude.

No, not 'same dude'. Same key. -BIG- difference.

> And for extra credit, when might the chipsets be available for incorporating
> this functionality into, say, a wristwatch so that the protocol runs
> automatically (giving you a beep, for instance, only if there's a mismatch)?
> (This I'm sure the feds must already have.)

FPGA, then of course if you're building digital watches you're going to
use a proprietary chip and such.

      We are all interested in the future for that is where you and I
      are going to spend the rest of our lives.

                              Criswell, "Plan 9 from Outer Space"

      [EMAIL PROTECTED]                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
      www.ssz.com                               www.open-forge.org