When Bush is talking about a hydrogen economy,
remember that he's really referring to Orion-engine cars...

At 06:38 PM 01/29/2003 -0800, Tim May wrote:
It's why I'll be safer when I run into Harmon on the freeways.
His heirs will appreciate his savings in gasoline for the time he owned his Lupo.
Nahh - You can carpool.  Just put his Lupo in the back of your SUV;
the two of you should be able to lift it, and it shouldn't
slow down the SUV that much.

Some of the electric vehicles look like they'd be safe enough to drive,
but some just don't, and if I'm going to be stuck with something
that only goes 30mph, I'd rather have an electric bike.
Another discussion was "Hard on the highway? It goes 80 mph".
There was that VW RetroBeetle commercial about "0-60mph?  Yes",
and I'd expect Lupo's acceleration is probably slower.
Top Speed is certainly important, but acceleration is an important
part of avoiding problems.

(My full-size Chevy van gets about 16mpg, in the 6 cylinder model,
which is a lot better than the previous one, which got
8 mpg when all 8 cylinders were working, 7 mpg when only 7 were....5 with 5.
More annoyingly, my Chrysler PT Cruiser only gets about 22mpg,
and it's the older model without the turbot.   It's a bit heavier
than my 1985 Toyota wagon that got 27mpg, but you'd think that
Detroit would have done some engine efficiency development in 15 years.)

--------