At 11:34 AM 2/9/2003 -0800, Tim May wrote:
On Sunday, February 9, 2003, at 10:57  AM, Bill Frantz wrote:
Unfortunately having started to question the relation between the pledge
and the ideals of the country, I started to wonder why I was pledging to
the flag, instead of the country.  So over the years, I have a somewhat
edited version (removed parts in brackets):
I don't "pledge" to either a flag or a country. I just live here. And this is where the stuff I own is located. All I ask of government is that they stay out of my way.
I think parents should teach their children that they should condition the recital of the pledge to when those elected to office are routinely held accountable to breaches of the oath of office.

steve