Tim wrote:

> Third, I have no idea if the VSL theory is "right." Time will tell.

Continuous math is a dead end.  So are strings.

The manifold folks are never going to produce anything which obsoletes the
big general relativity book by Misner, Thorne, and Wheeler, which will
live forever as the apex of predictive power of the manifold approach to
spacetime dynamics.

That doesn't mean we won't find some deviation in the 10th decimal place
of some experiment which tantalizingly hints at things beyond.  In terms
of things we can do useful engineering with, however, there is absolutely
nothing we will find ourselves able to do in 11 dimensions which can't be
done in 4.

Moving beyond general relativity will require a completely new way of
thinking about the problem, not just extra dimensions and the attempted
quantization of gravity.  Or loudly trumpeted discoveries that the speed
of light differed in the 9th decimal place several billion years ago.

The "M" in M-Theory stands for Moron.

--
Eric Michael Cordian 0+