On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, at 04:43  PM, Kevin S. Van Horn wrote:

Tim May wrote:

It goes beyond just the "black leaders" thing--it's also about "black pride."

My eye-opening experience was my arrival in college (as Brits would say, "at university") in 1970.
Well, this post explains a lot about Tim's attitude. Myself, I never ran into this kind of crap in college. I attended college 10 years later, in a conservative state (Utah). The few blacks I've encountered personally have mostly seemed to be decent people.

I know a few people who went to BYU and tell me that most of the negroes attending BYU were from African countries, part of the Mormon recruiting process (which is very successful, of course). I assume some number of other negroes at BYU are American, just as there are some negroes at Bob Jones University. These are self-selected folks, of course.

I also knew some negroes in college who were from African countries, including a Sudanese guy in my relativity class. They behaved quite normally, modulo their foreign background.

My attitude has also been shaped by watching this situation for the past 40 years. I used to even use the term "black" for negroes, before they started changing the name every few years (Afro-American, African-American, "person of color") and calling anyone who used the replaced name a "racist."

Also, I watched what happened when I proposed a "White Students Union" in college.

It seems negroes are give carte blanche, so to speak, to spew about honkies and hymies and whiteys and to declare everyone else racist. In fact, their most-revered ideologists have been explaining how negroes cannot be racist, no matter their language or discrimination, because racism is about the oppression and marginalization of peoples of color by the dominant whitemale paradigm. Or whatever.

In the past fifteen years I have come to realize that crypto anarchy will probably change all this, as it makes for a system where only a competent elite does well. Probably fifty million marginal Americans, including nearly all of the so-called "peoples of color," will, one hopes, fade away.

Race warfare may be coming, as the inner city mutants have their meal tickets cancelled. This is why so many white people are buying so many guns.

--Tim May