At 7:43 PM -0800 3/1/03, Tim May quoted:

>"A human being should be able to
>change a diaper - yes,
>plan an invasion - does another group of 4th grader's club house count?,
>butcher a hog - yes,
>conn a ship - small ones,
>design a building - small ones,
>write a sonnet - no,
>balance accounts - yes,
>build a wall - yes,
>set a bone - my training stops when the bone gets to the hospital,
>comfort the dying - I've done too much of that recently,
>take orders - yes,
>give orders - yes,
>cooperate - yes,
>act alone - yes,
>solve equations - at least some of them,
>analyze a new problem - many of them,
>pitch manure - yes,
>program a computer - yes,
>cook a tasty meal - yes,
>fight efficiently - more or less depending,
>die gallantly - I'm in no hurry to make a demonstration.
>Specialization is for insects." --Robert A.
>Heinlein

I guess I have to work on the sonnets.  (The networking version would be
easier.)

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz           | Due process for all    | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506         | used to be the         | 16345 Englewood Ave.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | American way.          | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA