On Tuesday 04 March 2003 21:08, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Apparently "Give peace a chance" is dangerous, subversive speech, not
> to be tolerated in polite company
>
> http://www.msnbc.com/local/wnyt/m276307.asp?0ct=-302&cp1=1

>From the article, New York Civil Liberties Union President Stephen
Gottlieb says, "We believe, most of us, in the Bill of Rights, and we
believe that protects the freedom to speak." How is Constitutionally-
protected freedom of speech imperiled when an agent of a private
corporation asks someone to leave because his speech is offensive?
Gottlieb is presumably a lawyer, since they tend to infest *CLUs.
Either he missed Constitutional Law class the day they talked about
scope of applicability of the Bill of Rights or else he's just a
dumbass.

--
Steve Furlong    Computer Condottiere   Have GNU, Will Travel

Guns will get you through times of no duct tape better than duct tape
will get you through times of no guns. -- Ron Kuby