..
> 5) CYA. Since 9/11, the lower echelons of the
>security apparatus know that if Something Bad
>happens, and they are shown to have discounted
>any hint or suspicion concerning any person
>even very peripherally involved, their ass is
>grass and their career goes in the toilet.

Yep, I think you hit it on the head.  I'll bet the list of suspected terrorists never
get a name removed other than by death, if then.  Who wants to be the guy who
correctly assessent the evidence to remove someone's name, only to have the same guy
blow up a plane a year later?  IMO, this seems like a fundamental problem with
watchlists.

>Peter

--John Kelsey