Hi Steve,

~~ long time no si.. BT trackers could easily be put into DNS and stored for TTL times in fact talk at code con 2005 in the lounges and corners were discussing the very possibility after the OZYDNS demo by Dan Kaminsky, since most of the DNS servers practice recursion, it is practically impossible at the current time to prevent the flow of information via DNS in and out of internet connected spaces even if firewalled. Dont you remember my beach talk in anguilla about stashing a complete banking system software/websites and persistant transaction into DNS running the E language interpreter which would be loaded by the java hooks in mozillas name resolution mechanism, it could simply be done by operating as a local socks4a/5 proxy same as tor, privoxy etc so that the special domain names would be recognized PRIOR to going to DNS.

problem about hiding the trackers is easy in MY opinion, the hard problem I see is that for people who have loaded the torrent by what ever means now see the other members of the swarm of users uploading/downloading the proprietary content ,as in bit torrent content is directly related to prosecutable evidence.

And having said tha,t the user level source code for  M of N slices
secret sharing algorithms I have seem practice extreme data expansion
in their implementations.(ie secretshar etc). 4kpgp keys expand to
several 65k slices. :(

~~     regards
~~     gwen