On Thu, 23 Jun 2005, Tyler Durden wrote:

> What this equates to is, whoever had more money than you can take away your
> home. Previously, it was just the occasional men-with-guns that could do
> this, but now they effectively have proxies everywhere.

It just makes formal (and official) what has existed for a long time.  The
guy with the most money can do whatever the fuck s/he wants to, with no
regard to any rule of law or social responsibility, and there isn't anyone
who wants to change that.

After all, if we really wanted to change it, it wouldn't be just four or
five cpunks bitching on a now obsolete mailing list - it would be citizens
with guns storming the halls of congresscritters.

--
Yours,

J.A. Terranson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
0xBD4A95BF

"Never belong to any party, always oppose privileged classes and public
plunderers, never lack sympathy with the poor, always remain devoted to
the public welfare, never be satisfied with merely printing news, always
be drastically independent, never be afraid to attack wrong, whether by
predatory plutocracy or predatory poverty."

Joseph Pulitzer
1907 Speech