At 8:32 AM -0800 2/14/00, David Kane-Parry wrote:
>You wrote:
>
>> At 9:40 PM -0800 2/13/00, David Kane-Parry wrote:
>>
>> >http://www.spielen.at/action/defaulte.htm
>> >Search by title for "Big Brother".
>>
>> It would be nice if all you folks who suggest that we go to some site and
>> search for some story give us some hints as to why we should bother. The
>> opening paragraphs of the story, for example. Or the submitter's paraphrase.
>
>It would be equally nice if people paid attention to the Subject: header
>where,
>alas, the only hint could be found.  Mea culpa?

No, that's _not_ the only hint. If _you_ are recommending the article,
presumably you have gone to the site and searched down for the article
you're recommending. And so you know why "Big Brother at the Nurnberg Toy
Fair" is of relevance to the Cypherpunks.

Before you recommend an article to 1000 subscribers, inviting each of them
to go to some site, a paragraph or two of explanation is advisable.

--Tim May

"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.