Dear eGroups List Owner,

eGroups recently merged with ONElist, another leading provider of
email groups.  Since the merger, we've been working hard behind the
scenes to ensure a smooth integration of the two services.  Part of
this process requires that all groups have unique addresses.  For
example, your group address is [EMAIL PROTECTED]

We are contacting you because your group [EMAIL PROTECTED]
will have the same address as another group on the new combined
eGroups site.  Due to this address conflict, we need you to change your
group's address by 3/10/2000.

TO CHANGE YOUR GROUP'S ADDRESS:
1.  Go to the address change page for your group by clicking on
    http://www.egroups.com/GroupRename?listName=surveillance
    (please note that you will need to log in as the owner of the group)
2.  Type in a new address and click "Save Changes"
3.  We will notify you and the moderators of your group when the new address
    goes into effect

OR, if you prefer, we will automatically change the address of your group to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (or something close) and will notify
all members of your group.  PLEASE NOTE that if you do not change your
group's address by 3/10/2000, we will automatically make the change to
the address listed above.

HOW DID WE DECIDE WHICH GROUPS NEED NEW ADDRESSES?
We want to assure you that we worked closely with group moderators to
develop a fair system for determining which groups will need a new address.
This system takes into account the following:
1.  How long the group has been on the eGroups service
2.  The size of the group
3.  The activity level of the group
4.  Whether the group is an announcement or discussion group

WHAT IF YOU OWN THE SAME ADDRESS ON BOTH EGROUPS AND ONELIST?
If you own the same group address on both the eGroups and ONElist
services, you can delete one of the groups today and still retain the
same address.  Or, we will automatically change the address of your
eGroups email group before migrating both groups to the new service so
there won't be a name conflict.  Either way, you'll end up owning the
address you want.

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and we thank you for your
patience and cooperation.  If you have any questions, please contact us at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thank you,
The eGroups Team

P.S.  Please remember that the deadline for choosing a new address for your
group is 3/10/2000.