On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> A new law that requires that any implementation instance of something that
> is covered in full or in part by a GPL Patent requires FULL disclosure of
> all Intellectual Property used in the implementation.  Design documents,
> other patents, other processes, etc.  Sufficient such that another person,
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Do you mean "we document that some other patent was used in implementing
this source code, which itself implements something covered by a GPL
patent, but don't do anything about licensing this other patent" ?

or do you mean "we must grant you a license to this other patent we
used to implement something covered by a GPL patent" ? What if the
person implementing the GPL patent doesn't have the ability to license
that patent?

> organisation, corporation etc. can, if they so desire, implement it
> themselves.

If I am the holder of a patent, can I make this "full disclosure" a
necessary condition for licensing the patent?

Thanks,
-David