The PDF files are the secret CIA report on the overthrow of
Mossadeq in 1953, made available on the New York Times
web site:

   http://www.nytimes.com/library/world/mideast/041600iran-cia-index.html

Redactions of names in the report of Iranian participants were
made digitally by the NYT, and I discovered that by halting the
page load before the blackout occurred, I could read all the
redacted parts -- Iranians who worked with the CIA and British
SIS to carry out the overthrow.

The Times revised its redaction technique on the report
to prevent this, after I told them about the discovery and sent a
sample of recovered redactions.

The Times (Rich Meislin, editor of the online site) urged me not
to publish the recovered information in order to protect the families
of the persons named from retribution -- as the Times had intended
to do but failed to grasp the weakness of digital security.

I posted this incident to an intelligence-related mail list (Intel Forum)
and was there also urged not to published the redacted information
and "put innocent lives at risk."

However, I had already posted the means to gain access to the badly
concealed information of the report, and others had duplicated
the discovery -- so the names are out but not yet in the news.

There is a global version of the Unofficial Secrets Act at work
now to keep the names of official killers out of the news, news
as orchestrated by "responsible publishers."