it seems the trial result will do the opposite of what the MPAA is
hoping for, at least in the short term.

if the MPAA truly believes, as judge kaplan put it, that decss is an
epidemic spreading around the web, then the trial result gave it a
giant boost.

I'm running a high-profile DeCSS site, referenced in lots of news
articles and one of the 23 named defendants in the california case.

I have had around 3100 downloads of DeCSS from my site this month.
2400 of them within the past 19 hours. (*)

my website has seen a similiar increase in traffic - the day still has
5 hours, and if it keeps going I will have received as much hits on the
DeCSS directory today as I've seen the whole month before.

does anyone know the traffic on 2600.com ? I wouldn't be surprised if
they get the peak of their life.

the horse was out of the barn for a long time, but with the ruling
today, it's clear that it's not even in the country anymore.

(*)
add one hundred to that. 100 people downloaded DeCSS from my site alone
while I was writing this mail. this is just insane. someone please buy
the MPAA a clue or two.