At 11:36 PM 10/2/00 -0400, Vin McLellan wrote:
>         Paulo Barreto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> quipped:
> >Or it might not have occurred to everyone to prepare just-in-case
> >releases for each of the finalists and wait for NIST's verdict ;-)
>
>         Yeah, I thought of that too;-) The NTRU folk, however, didn't wait
>for today's announcement to place their bet.

While I'm not aware of many companies doing anything about it,
it's not really that tough - all of the algorithms had
relatively similar parameters and sizes and calling requirements,
and they were required to provide reference editions.
So you should be able to write a couple of routines like
        aes_keyschedule(parm1, parm2...)
        aes_encrypt(*key, data)
        aes_decrypt(*key, data)
and plug in the reference editions with some format-munger glue.
Tuning the algorithms for your hardware and software environment
is more work, and maybe you want to wait till there's a winner,
but you get to claim you were way ahead of the curve by
announcing support the day of the announcement...

                                Thanks!
                                        Bill
Bill Stewart, [EMAIL PROTECTED]