https://yro.slashdot.org/story/16/10/06/2142257/new-york-to-test-facial-recognition-cameras-at-crossing-points
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puWovVz7CfU
http://www.vocativ.com/365430/ny-facial-recognition-cameras-bridges-tunnels/

In a 35-minute speech detailing a landmark $100 billion investment
into state infrastructure, largely focused on New York City and Long
Island, Governor Andrew Cuomo made a number of promises that would
thrill New Yorkers, like the promise of a renovated Penn Station,
called Penn-Farley, a direct train from there to LaGuardia Airport,
and the completion of the long-awaited Second Avenue Line. Oh, and
facial recognition cameras around the city, he said: "At each
crossing, and at structurally sensitive points on bridges and tunnels,
advanced cameras and sensors will be installed to read license plates
and test emerging facial recognition software and equipment." "We're
going to be using this in Penn-Farley and we also want to be testing
it in bridges and crossings system," he added. On the matter of facial
recognition cameras, Cuomo was shy on details. It's unclear how many
cameras will be deployed, which agencies will have access to them,
what defines a crossing, how citizens' photos will be stored, and what
photo databases will be used to compare against the faces of the
millions of people who drive into the city. In his speech, Cuomo
referenced the cameras as necessary for New York to adapt to 21st
century security threats. "In this age of terrorist activity and lone
wolves, if you look at points of vulnerability you'll go to our
tunnels and to our bridges. So really they have to be reimagined for a
new reality," he said.