FYI.

c.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dan York <y...@isoc.org>
Date: Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 11:50 AM
Subject: [Internet Policy] FYI - Joint statement by 50 orgs on proposal to
require social media passwords at US border

FYI, today the Internet Society joined with 50 other organizations to issue
a joint statement expressing concerns about a proposal to require
disclosure of social media account passwords as a condition of entry to the
U.S.:

https://cdt.org/insight/no-to-dhs-social-media-password-requirement/

We published our own companion statement as a post from our President and
CEO Kathy Brown:

https://www.internetsociety.org/blog/public-policy/2017/02/
internet-society-speaks-out-against-proposed-password-disclosure

That has been shared on our @InternetSociety social media channels at:

https://twitter.com/internetsociety/status/834044479501959169
https://www.facebook.com/InternetSociety/photos/a.1015012010
9253239.254763.56134108238/10154045837103239/?type=3&theater
https://plus.google.com/+InternetSociety/posts/92XyJvx4yzk

Additionally, we also published a supporting post explaining more about why
social media accounts are of such a great concern:

https://www.internetsociety.org/blog/tech-matters/2017/02/da
nger-giving-social-media-passwords-so-many-other-services-are-connected

We will be circulating that on our social channels as well.

Any assistance with amplifying these messages on social channels would be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Dan

--
Dan York
Senior Manager, Content & Web Strategy, Internet Society