On February 26, 2017 9:17:03 PM EST, grarpamp <grarp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 11:02 AM, Razer <g...@riseup.net> wrote:
>> Security error leaves NY airport servers unprotected for a year
>> The backup storage drive hadn't been password-protected since April.
>> The 760 GB
>
>Sad that people are more interested in making a name for themselves
>by getting '[non]security community' credit for 'reporting' this shit,
>which
>ends up whitewashed covered up and does absolutely nothing.
>Than actually copying and leaking it openly onto the darknets where
>some visceral impact and head rolling change can be made.

Yes and no. Joe Fuckhead (or me) shouldn't have to
worry about my NYC travels and all data needed to
clone my goddamn ID getting leaked all over the
place.

But who knows, its likely just being traded quietly and
more privately, if someone did grab it before the "white
hats" swooped in and pointed this moronic setup... So
I can certainly see both points. Hushed damage
control vs shit blowing up in the open.