From: Razer <g...@riseup.net>

 On 08/06/2017 09:52 AM, jim bell wrote:
         >>Particularly since the Nolan Chart, combined with the World's
Smallest Political Quiz, is so much more informative:
  >>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nolan_Chart

 >Was looking at the entry:

"Statists favor a lot of government control in both the personal and economic
areas. Different versions of the chart, as well as Nolan's original chart, use
terms such as "communitarian" or "populist" to label this corner of the chart."
 >This is simply wrong.
There are two issues here:  Is this encyclopedia entry correct to say that
"Different versions of the chart, as well as Nolan's original chart, use terms
such as "communitarian" or "populist" to label this corner of the chart."
Such a claim may be quite correct:  Maybe different versions DID say that.  If
that's the case, it's wrong for you to say it's wrong.
> Assuming communitatians and populists are statists is moronic and bizarre...
> Unless the assumption is that people directly governing the affairs of their
> own community is statist. I CAN imagine a Libertarian would think that.
> Because local self-governance interferes with their FEUDALISTIC PREDATORY
> tendencies.
Now you are attacking the substance of the claims of those versions of the
chart.  In that, you might very well be correct.  But don't blame me, or David
Nolan, for the contents of an entry to Wikipedia that neither of us wrote.
Perhaps you will want to edit this Wikipedia entry to correct or clarify?
      Jim Bell

"Frustrated by the "left-right" line analysis that leaves no room for other
ideologies, Nolan devised a  chart with two axes which would come to be known
as the Nolan Chart. The Nolan Chart is the centerpiece of the World's Smallest
Political Quiz. Nolan's insight was that the major difference between various
political philosophies, the real defining element in what a person believes
politically, is the amount of government control over human action that is
advocated.[citation needed] Nolan further reasoned that virtually all human
political action can be divided into two broad categories: economic and
personal. The "economic" category includes what people do as producers and
consumers – what they can buy,  sell, and produce, where they work, who they
hire, and what they do with their money. Examples of economic activity include
starting or operating a business, buying a home, constructing a building, and
working in an  office. The "personal" category includes what people do in
relationships, in self-expression, and what they do with their own bodies and
minds. Examples of personal activities include whom they marry; choosing what
books they read and movies they watch; what foods, medicines, and drugs they
choose to consume; recreational activities; religious  choices; organizations
they join; and with whom they choose to associate."

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World%27s_Smallest_Political_Quiz

   "The World's Smallest Political Quiz[1] is a 10-question educational quiz
for an American audience designed by the libertarian Advocates for Self
Government, created by Marshall Fritz. It associates the quiz-taker with one of
five categories: libertarian, left-liberal, centrist, right-conservative, or
statist. According to the Advocates, the quiz was designed primarily to be more
accurate than the one-dimensional "left-right" or "liberal-conservative"
political spectrum by providing a two-dimensional representation. The Quiz is
composed of two parts: a diagram of a political map; and a  series of 10 short
questions designed to help viewers quickly score themselves and others on that
map. The 10 questions are divided into two groups, economic and personal, of
five questions each. The answers to the questions can be Agree, Maybe or
Disagree. Twenty points are given for an Agree, ten points for a Maybe, and
zero for Disagree. The scores are added for each group and can be zero to one
hundred. These two numbers are then plotted on the diamond-shaped chart and the
result displays the political group that agrees most with the quiz taker."