Ok, so my search results include :

        1) fraudulent advertising from amazon and ebay trying to sell
        phone bags as 'jammers'. . Though I also  got a result from
        amazon in india apparently selling an authentic jammer. (side
        note: so the amazon cancer already spread to india).

        2) a couple of sites allegedly selling jammers but whether the
        sites are run by the government or not seems hard to tell...

        3) make article
        https://makezine.com/2008/06/30/intentional-gps-jamming/
        linking to this broken link...
        http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2006/12/wave_bubble_ope.html

        but this seems to be the original source
        http://www.ladyada.net/make/wavebubble/

        (project seems a bit too complex)

        I also found this

http://cdn.preterhuman.net/texts/government_information/intelligence_and_espionage/homebrew.military.and.espionage.electronics/servv89pn0aj.sn.sourcedns.com/_gbpprorg/mil/gps/index.html
        (originally from phrack it seems)

        ...and some other stuff. All of it it seems rather old, though
        the information is obviously still valid.

        So there's more stuff than I originally thought though of
        course all the new articles are about the horribly catasthropic
        dangers of jamming.