On 05/05/2019 01:28 PM, Razer wrote:

> On May 5, 2019 6:31:06 AM PDT, Greg Newby <gbne...@pglaf.org> wrote:
>> The steps mentioned below didn't help me, and the alleged automated
>> fixes from Mozilla had not arrived, so I checked again and see they
>> updated their documentation:
>> https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2019/05/04/update-regarding-add-ons-in-firefox/
>>
>> Turns out you need to enable Firefox "studies,"
>

> No you don't.  On my S7 version all I had to do was the about:config fix.
> With the tab s4 I had to go to the add-ons site and activate an Enable button
> that was there instead of the Install button. No reason it should be any
> different in the computer distro. One or the other... most likely the latter,
> should work w/o mozilla 'studying' you.
>
> Rr
> Sent from my Androgyne dee-vice with K-9 Mail

The about:config fix works in Linux and Android, but not in Windows. The
Mozilla update works in all OS, but not with ESR versions. They say that
they're working on it.

I was testing the about:config fix on my wife's Win10 box, and just as I
was undoing it (because it did nothing) the update downloaded. And all
was immediately fine. But she did have the "studies" thing enabled.
Probably because she didn't know to disable it.

<SNIP>