On Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 06:51:33 AM PDT, professor rat
<pro2...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

 >The Jim Bell Project operating in US jurisdiction is entirely in keeping with
 >the last part of

 >the AP essay - the part all media commentary ignores completely.  No reason
to cast any

 >doubt on Jims bona fides there.  The problem with him now though is his
support for a

> known fascist - Julian Rand Paul Assmange.

With all due respect, I have to ask what you mean by "his support".   I
definitely DON'T 'support' the US Federal Government's trying to put Assange
into prison for doing what I understand Assange did.   Keep in mind that during
the time frame of 2009-early-2012, I was mostly still in prison, only with
access to newspapers and magazines.  So, it's likely that during that time
frame people came to conclusions about Assange based on material I never saw.
I believe that Assange had been acting essentially as a journalist.   Perhaps
unconventionally, by the standards of the 1990's and before, but nevertheless
quite legitimately.   Perhaps some people objected that he had published
classified (secret) information, but my memory includes the "Pentagon Papers"
case from 1971, including Daniel Ellsberg and the New York Times.
Generally, my position is that if somebody leaks things that piss off
governments, I consider that a positive step.  I don't know if Assange made
mistakes, or "did everything right".
In the spirit of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", I would find it very
hard to oppose those leaks.  Further, I was quite happy that Hitlery Clinton
was subject to the leaks that were published and thus amplified by Assange.
And that was true regardless of where he actually got the material leaked:
Through some anonymous upload mechanism, from Russia?  From a leak by an
insider in the DNC?  From other people who had access to the same information?
During my stay in prison, I learned a great deal of American Federal law.
Later, since Assange was (and still is) being victimized in relation to such
laws, a few years ago I decided to look at the charging documents online, and
to figure out if there were any flaws present.  It turns out, perhaps not
surprisingly, that it was alnost all "flaw" and virtually no legitimate
charging.
What was I supposed to do then?  Simple, I analyzed what Assange had been
charged with, and I declared it to be bogus, and I explained why.  I even
(eventually) sent this material to Jennifer Robinson, Assange's barrister.  (No
response, but I didn't really expect any.)   So, I've done this to thwart the
US Federal Government's attempts to further victimize him.
Where was the discussion where people concluded that Assange was a "fascist"?
Maybe I just wasn't paying attention.