At 02:19 AM 4/27/00 -0400, Marcel Popescu wrote:
>> The difference between bacteria and humans is that some humans
>> think they're different.  Meat is meat.
>
>I'm a Christian. These arguments don't hold water to me. Try Tim.

Well, admitting your irrationality is a good start.  But we're talking
about real things (hunger, war, etc.), things that the world
empirically tests, things for which words don't mean squat.

>> And some of the humans think that, because a few percent has achieved
>> z.p.g. and learned how to turn oil into food during the last century,
>> there is no problem.
>
>Who are they? I hate zpg.

I don't mean any organization --I mean the tendancy of educated people
to have less children, voluntarily, because they see more benefit
than a poor farmer does.

>> Famine, plague, war, or birth control.  Your choice.
>
>Intelligence. Love. Yeah, those who put themselves at the same level with
>bacteria might not know what I'm talking about.

Physics of meat.  Ecology.  Biology.

>> (Best to keep good defenses up against those who don't chose wisely, btw.)
>
>Oh, an elitist... Who decides what is wise and what's not? [Don't say Tim.]

No, an individualist.  *You* get to decide *your* choices.
And you get to defend your own interests.  Or be eaten.

>> (That I should have to explain overpopulation to a Romanian is somewhat
>> surreal, but whatever.. MP has been reasonable in the past)
>
>Thanks. I am not aware of any overpopulation problems in Romania.

Over here, we have heard of overfilled orphanages filled with malnourished
children, largely due to your defunct Leader's attempt to grow more meat,
regardless of the quality of its lives.  Perhaps this is just US propoganda,
perhaps a scheme to sell surplus kids to rich americans and alleviate their
guilt; whatever.

Our
>population is too small for my wants

Fortunately *your* wants control pretty much just *you*.. unless
you're in *government*..

>- I still can't find someone to paint
>my house properly

Hey, gasoline is up to nearly two bucks a gallon here... ;-)