At 03:25 AM 5/12/00 -0400, Anonymous wrote:
>Recently I saw at comment on slashdot suggesting how to pay for MP3s.
Suppose you know 100,000 people like a particular artist. If they all
aggree to pay $1 upfront for the release of the next album then it is
released. If the artist does their job - and keeps turning out good albums
people will keep buying. Payment is based on reputation. It turns out that
there is a site set up to do stuff like that - loudvoices.com.
>It looks like this could be used for any IP and most anything that
government does - and could essentially replace the tax system. Immagine
funding a space program this way !

This is Schneier et al.'s STreet Performer Protocol.  Based on reputation.

Problem with funding government is that most of the money would not be
'given' if
not taken with guns, esp. given the current size of government.