Vladimir Vul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> >> them > down and kill them.
> >>
> >> Heh. I was thinking more of contacting upstreams and seeing if they will
> >> yank the signal.
>
> DM> I doubt that they care either. In fact, as a general rule most major
> DM> providers won't care until the spam begins to negatively affect their
> DM> reputation and thus their profits.
>
> What  about  to  strike  back?  I  can  write  the  script  wich sends
> thouzend(sorry) messages to spam sender or his site, or even his ISP.
>
> Is it meet the CyberAnarchy way?

It's pretty easy to do, but there are some problems.

1) The spam sender usually doesn't provide a valid return
   address. They might provide a web site URL or a meatspace phone
   number.
2) The ISP would probably turn right back around and email the ISPs of
   the Cypherpunks involved and get _their_ accounts yanked.
3) If it was organized around the list, it would likely be dubbed by
   the targets as a "denial of service attack." The news media and
   LEAs would jump right in.

Like you hint at here, there probably wouldn't even be a spam problem
in the first place if computer crime laws didn't exist. If people had
mailbombed the first spammers out of existance, there's a distinct
possibility that spamming would have been painted as a remarkably
costly business practice before an entire industry sprung up to
support it.