At 11:22 PM 7/12/00 -0400, negafoo wrote:
>I've noticed that Eudora 4.3 (in paid mode) has developed a habit of
making an internet conection on startup.  If I allow the connection to
succeed, some packets are exchanged and then Eudora consumes 100% of my CPU
time for about 0:01:10 (by stopwatch).  I also note that when I'm offline,
Eudora tries occasionally to connect to jump.eudora.net.

>I'd like to find out what's going on.  Can a list member recommend a good
packet sniffer?  Or perhaps this has been covered recently and someone can
provide a pointer to the discussion?

If you are running Win95 find windump, a tcpdump clone, it works fine.