http://www.sierratimes.com/02/01/31/dorothy.htm

STATE OF THE EMPIRE
we will fight the world's evil!
By Dorothy Anne Seese: 01.31.02

Just to make certain that the president said what my ears thought they
heard, the news sites conveniently furnished a copy of President Bush's
State of the Union address. Sure enough, we're taking on all the world's
evil. That would be a noble, almost messianic task -- were it not for the
fact that we, our nation and our leadership -- are viewed by a large
portion of the world as being part of that evil. Even we in America
realize that our government, our multinational corporations and huge
foundations have fostered the demise of true freedom in America. Thus when
the president speaks of "freedom" it is immediately a question as to
whether or not he is speaking of a redefined freedom, rather than the
freedoms for which our forefathers lived, sacrificed and died.

It is apparent that war, or the semblance of war, will continue
indefinitely. That makes sense because evil will continue indefinitely, or
until the Final Judgment comes to abolish all evil. We in America were not
appointed to that task ... at least not in any definable document or
anointing of which we are aware.

The news analysts who spoke after the address agreed that this State of
the Union speech was more a war speech than the usual SU speech given by
the president. Little was said of domestic problems, except for the
emphasis on federalized education, a tool of destruction for
individualistic thinking and the inculcation of globalistic definitions.

Scant mention was made of we seniors, other than the usual repeat of
pre-election "stuff" about choices between food and medicine. That was a
nice token but meaningless.

What we heard, behind the words or between the lines, was that we're now
in an indefinite state of military preparedness for war at home and
abroad. Wartime brings about the abrogation of civil rights and domestic
freedoms.

And woe be to the group that challenges the constitutionality of what is
planned for an America in a state of war-in-perpetuity!

Setting aside the hear-ye rhetoric, the speech was actually a declaration
of indefinite expansion of government and its power over the rights and
privileges of individual citizens.

No wonder there were so many smiles from Democrats! This is precisely what
they have been trying to get across since Lyndon B. Johnson's presidency,
and decades before that if one considers the long-term agenda of the
elitists and advocates of the New World Order.

President Bush named some terrorist states such as Iran and Iraq, and
notably omitted whatever obligation the United States may have to stopping
the genocide in South Africa or Rhodesia/Zimbabwe. Notice was thus given
to the nations against whom this country will take wartime measures to
ensure that "evil" is erased from their borders, and perhaps the borders
along with the evils.

Globalism advanced two decades this evening with the president's agenda.

Right-wing Christian Republicans, Libertarians, Constitutionalists and
Reformers could not have heard much, if anything, that would build this
president's conservative base. We need to withdraw from global meddling
and concentrate on America. That, we did not hear.

The president stated that he is a proud member of his political party ...
the Republican party. Yet there was nothing in this address that spoke of
the type of Republicanism espoused by the late Barry Goldwater in the
1950's and 1960's or the type now being maintained by Rep. Ron Paul
(R-Texas).

Who's at war? Congress has declared none. If someone has declared war
against the US, it is not a nation state but an ephemeral movement. Thus
the wartime status of our nation has to be in perpetuity or until the
globalist agenda is accomplished. Anyone who did not hear that, is not
aware of what globalism means. It is not trading with other nations.

Noticeably absent from the president's speech was any mention of China. It
was implicit, perhaps, because China engages in its own type of terrorism
and has done so while maintaining friendly governmental relations with the
US (in spite of the April 2001 reconnaissance plane incident) and China is
a known enemy of the US. Their record on human rights is an abomination to
any God-fearing people, but there don't seem to be many of those around in
the 21st century ... all is compromise, tolerance, diversity and unity.

That's the agenda in a nutshell.

President Bush's speech was smoother than anything Orwell could have
written, because Big Brother would have given himself away, and to the
average American listener to the network news, this speech sounded
impressive, but it was imperialistic.

George W. Bush is a lot better at what he does than was his father.

This writer would be the last to call George W. Bush a fool, he is
incredibly sensitive to what it takes to rally the people to his cause.
And
he just sold the American public at large on a war that doesn't exist, a
wartime strategy for globalism under the imperialist military of the
United
States in the name of fighting evil, and of sacrificing more freedoms to
attain his desired results. That is no mean feat.

That is why what we heard was a State of the Empire address.

The president lacked only a marble podium, a toga and the garland of the
Caesars around his head.

Novus ordo seculorum.

Permission to reprint/republish granted, as long as you include
the name of our site, the author, and our URL. www.SierraTimes.com
All Sierra Times news reports, and all editorials are © 2002
SierraTimes.com (unless otherwise noted)