---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 22:49:21 -0500
Subject: [PNEWS] OPED: The damned fool WANTS war!
|  PNEWS-L ARCHIVES ->http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/pnews-l.html |

From: Lisa Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

As you know, he's listed an "evil axis" as including
Iran, Iraq, and North Korea.

The situation with Iran and Iraq deserve their own
separate posts.  As for North Korea, on Wednesday
State Department spokesman Richard Boucher said that
the U.S. had for many years been "quite nicely and
diplomatically" offering invitations to meet with
North Korean officials, but those overtures were
ultimately rejected.

Has Mr. Boucher forgotten so quickly that under
President Clinton, in his last months in office,
relations with North Korea had reached a high point,
so encouraging that then Secretary of State Madeleine
Albright visited Pyongyang.  The visit was significant
in that Albright was the highest level U.S. official
to travel to North Korea. Her visit was right on the
heels of the landmark Pyongyang summit between the
North and South Korean leaders (Kim Dae-jung and Kim
Jong Il).  We had reason to hope for a final peace
deal between the two countries.  All part of the peace
and prosperity we enjoyed for eight years.

Then, along came Bush, swaggering his way into the
White House with his braggadacio talk of reverting to
tougher lines with North Korea, and lo, North Korea
broke off official contacts with not only Washington
but Seoul as well.

THAT's what happened to President Clinton's successes
on the Korean peninsula.

This man thinks war is all a game.  He regards our
young men as little tin soldiers he can play with.
Ever play the boardgame "Risk"?  I play it with my
little boy sometimes, and I can wipe out an entire
country with a roll of the dice and feel nothing but
glee.  I freeze to think that this man is in search of
THAT kind of adrenal skyrocket.

If we ever manage to get really united and begin
exposing the lies of the past year, let's be sure to
include this one.  Any man of his instability, with
such a love of playing war, is inevitably going to be
drawn into an obsessive curiosity about dropping a
nuclear (nuke-you-lar) bomb.

God!  How DID it happen?

Lisa

"We who have a voice must speak for the voiceless."

-- Archbishop Oscar Arnulfo Romero, murdered by terrorists trained by the
United States at the School of the Americas.

 "Our country ... when right, to be kept right. When wrong, to be put
   right."  -- Carl Shurz