On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Steve Schear wrote:

> conditions deteriorate when the noise floor moves up.  In busy locations
> the radius of effective communication may shrink until the devices are
> little more than wireless cable replacements.

That's all they are supposed to be. Strictly short-range devices intended
for point-to-point (not area in the sense of a WAN) coverage. They are
meant to keep you from having to haul a 200ft ethernet cable around behind
you while you bar-b-que at home, or go to the board room at work. They are
-not- meant to replace backbone infrastructure, only extend it.

    We don't see things as they are,                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    we see them as we are.                                   www.ssz.com
                                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Anais Nin                                         www.open-forge.org