On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Steve Schear wrote:

>  From the article:
> "The court dismissed suggestions the Internet was different from other
> broadcasters, who could decide how far their signal was to be transmitted."
>
> This is totally bogus thinking. The Internet is not broadcast medium.

Yes, it is. Every site that emits a packet broadcasts it onto the network.
One can even make a comparison between 'frequency & modulation' with 'IP &
service'.

> Information from Web sites must be requested, the equivalent of ordering a
> book or newspaper,

Or tuning your browser to the 'frequecy' of the web server.

    We don't see things as they are,                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    we see them as we are.                                   www.ssz.com
                                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Anais Nin                                         www.open-forge.org