On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 23:07:50 -0800, you wrote:
>  "This man was and is a citizen. His presence overseas
>  did not cause him to lose his citizenship. If he faces
>  charges, he faces them in a U.S. court with full access
>  to lawyers, full habeas corpus rights, full rights to face
>  his accusers, and so on."

But isn't the point of the Bush-Military that he does not face
"charges", he is like a captured German Luftwaffe Pilot in 1944
in France -- he is to be held in a prisoner of war prison until
the end of hostilities (never, since you can't defeat a method
like "Terror"), and repatriated to the country of his military
commanders (never, since it is a group, not a country, and they
will all be killed)?

But the point is more dangerous. The point is that the military
alone can decide if you are an enemy combatant, and if they do,
you can be held in secret anywhere, without notice to anyone,
with no legal representation, until the day you die. A person
disappears. That's all we would know, if that's the way the
military wants to play it. Land of the free, home of the brave.