On Saturday, January 11, 2003, at 09:24  AM, Major Variola (ret) wrote:
US argues against counsel for terror suspects

By Lyle Denniston, Globe Correspondent, 1/11/2003

WASHINGTON - The Bush administration, going to
unusual lengths to keep
lawyers away from suspected terrorists now in
custody, has revealed in court
its methods of secret interrogation to get information
from these detainees. The
administration contends that those methods surely will
fail if lawyers are on hand.
Too bad for government there's a little matter of the Constitution which provides for access to counsel, protection against mandatory self-incrimination, presentation of charges, speedy and fair trial, and all that other rot.

"But if perps are allowed to have open trials, how will we find them guilty in secret?"

"If their lawyers are not actually working for us, we won't get their defense strategy!"

"Rules? _What_ rules!?!"

It long ago should have happened that the Supreme Court heard an emergency case on the Padilla matter (and similar cases) and issued an emergency "What part of the Bill of Rights do you bozos not understand?" ruling. They expedited the Gore-Bush Florida case, why not a real case involving real constitutional issues?

But they are silent. Well over a year has passed since the mass detention of 1200 Arab men in NYC, most of them legal residents, and yet the Supremes have said nothing. "We haven't had a case brought before us...of course, any lawyer bringing such a case would necessarily be one of the Evil Doers and would face interrogation under extreme prejudice...in fact, he might die in his jail cell."

And we have Zionists like Alan Dershowitz arguing that the United States should adopt Israel's methods of torturing the subhumans, the sand niggers.

The Constitution is toilet paper these days. The U.S. is preterite, beyond salvation. Reformatting the hard drive is necessary.

--Tim May
"You don't expect governments to obey the law because of some higher moral development. You expect them to obey the law because they know that if they don't, those who aren't shot will be hanged." - -Michael Shirley