You fucking creep. I dredged through my Trash folder to find out what our Portugese friend was replying to and discovered this bit of deception:

On Wednesday, February 12, 2003, at 09:49 PM, Jim Choate wrote:

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Tim May wrote:

Does the common man read his Hawking's book? Did Hawking even write it?
Second, I don't know about Hawking's books, but Lee Smolin is one of
I especially like his "300 Years of Gravitation" and his '73 work on large
scale structure in time/space.

stuff. This was mostly old hat 30 years ago (which is when I took Jim
Hartle's class on general relativity). Hawking doesn't get much into
the newer theories, at least not in any of the books of his I've
skimmed.
Then you should skim more of them. Hawkings really jelled black hole
theory in the '73 work. He's pretty much the real modern father to some
folks.

I think he kicks Wheelers ass (nothing personal to Wheeler).

You snip my mention of Hawking and Ellis and then suggest that I ought to look at Hawking's 1973 book. Below is the relevant section of my post, the one you edited and then make a smarmy comment on:

--begin quote--

Hawking writes about fairly established stuff, the usual black hole stuff. This was mostly old hat 30 years ago (which is when I took Jim Hartle's class on general relativity). Hawking doesn't get much into the newer theories, at least not in any of the books of his I've skimmed.

(One of my texts 30 years ago was the Hawking and Ellis book, "The Large Scale Structure of Spacetime." This was heavy going, not the popular fluff he's been turning out lately.)

--end quote--

What a creep you are.