From: Tim May <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Hacking the Bush War Machine
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:09:31 -0800

On Thursday, February 13, 2003, at 01:21  PM, Blanc wrote:

From Tim May:

It's our duty as hackers to hack this war machine and shut it down.

Well, I'd like to see *that*.

But you know, if N.Korea throws a nucular at us, a gun will be as useful as
ducked ape.

(and how long are people supposed to stay taped up in their room, they
haven't said, either. And where would the bad gas go - over to somebody
else's neighborhood?)

Last point first. You're uneducated about how chemical agents drift and disperse. Mustard gas, phosgene, even VX, disperse quickly. Simple physics of diffusion.

I had one nitwit over on misc.survivalism assuming that the "prepare for a 72-hour disruption," the standard earthquake/flood/hurricane advice, meant that we were supposed to seal ourselves up in an airtight room for 72 hours. The nitwits and chimps amused themselves yammering about how long the air would last...

As for nukes, even if a DPRK rocket could make it to the West Coast, what would it hit? Guidance of a ballistic (think carefully about what "ballistic" means) missile is very difficult. The U.S. had to spend tens of billions of dollars getting precise mascon and geomagnetic maps of the earth before they could plausibly target within a 10 mile CEP (circular error of probability). Slight deviations in the earth's crustal makeup, even ocean depths, cause ballistic objects to diverge from ideal trajectories.

Anyone, besides the yes men at the CIA, think the North Koreans have access to such maps--or if such maps have even been made of the the NK-U.S. path--as well as access to gyroscopes, precision thrusters, and so on? DPRK has not even come close to launching even a single satellite.

And if they do, so what? Missiles could reach many countries from many other countries for several decades. Did Russia go into a meltdown panic when Japan got missiles?

Sure, the North Koreans are practicing extortion: send us more money and Hennesy cognac or we will rattle our sabers.

If anything, it's for the South Koreans and the Japanese, and maybe the Chinese, to deal with this. No reason whatsoever for U.S. taxpayers like me to either give in to their extortion demands or to pay for another war with them.

Don't fall for the recent crap. It depresses me to see list members repeating the Big Lies.

--Tim May
"Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and
strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound"